- Do consider colored jeans. If you work in a more relaxed environment these are a good way to be casual comfy and still look professional especially paired with a silk blouse or blazer and a nice flat or heel. If it's good enough for the Dutchess...
- Do keep wearing that cute comfortable sun dress you live in on the weekend providing it's not too short and you throw on a blazer or cute cardigan over it for the office.
- Do wear that flowing maxi dress for most occasions except Don't wear it to the office, (unless you are a hostess in a restaurant) there's just no way to make it look professional.
- Do use tank tops as a layering piece under blazers and cardis.
- Don't wear a tank you'd wear to the pool or one that's see through or stretched out and no one wants to see your bra straps.
- Don't wear flip flops to work. Flip flops are for the beach, pool, the house. With so many flats options and sandals there's no excuse for flips flop being the best you can do. Really we'll send you back to the closet.
- Don't Ever! Now for my biggest pet pev - Disclaimer - I may be about to insult you and if I do I'm sorry, but it's for your own good. LADIES, STOP WEARING BAGGY CARGO CAPRI PANTS! Do you see these all cap letter? I never do that, this is me yelling at you because you are doing yourself and those around you a disservice. You're making yourself look drabulous, dumpy, matronly and schlumy, and we have to look at you. There, I'm cleansed. Been wanting to say that for a long time. I cannot for the life of me figure out why anyone thinks these pants look good on anyone. If you're short they cut off your leg, making you look shorter. If you're tall you look like your pants shrunk, if you are over weight you look more over weight. Next time you're at the mall sit and watch, check out all the women in baggy capris. Do you want to look like that? I bet you'll go home and purge them! Also, FYI, men hate capris. Period, yes, they do, all men. If there is a man in your life that says he doesn't care, or tells you they look 'fine' he's afraid of you. Back to the closet!
- Do wear slim leg capris, also known as cigerette pants, that hit a few inches above your ankle. These are flattering on EVERYONE! If you're carrying a few extra pounds, these will make you look slimmer, if you're short you'll look taller, if your tall you'll just look good as usual, they are flattering on any shape and size! And sexy with flats or heels. And I guarantee the extra 4 inches of pant material will not give you heat stroke. If it's to much for you wear a dress.