Each of the ingredients has amazing healing powers;
- Turmeric ~ You may have only heard of the herb turmeric in the last few years as it has become kind of trendy but it's actually an ancient herb. About 90% of it comes from India where they have been using it in recipes and as a magical healing herb since the beginning of time, or at least since 600 BC! Turmeric is a member of the ginger family and is known as an anti-inflammatory, anti-aging herb, a strong and powerful antioxidant and an incredible immunity booster.
- Ginger ~ Soothes irritable bowel syndrome, aids in weight loss, relieves arthritis symptoms, is anti-inflammatory, improves circulation, blocks heartburn, helps fight cancer, clears sinuses, strengthens the immune system and fights infections.
- Lemons ~ Alkalizes the body, balances blood sugar and PH levels, it's a brain food, it detoxifies, fights cancer, aids in weight loss, cleans the lymphatic system, aides in digestions, provides immune support, kills free radicals and prevents kidney stones.
- Raw Honey ~ Regulates blood sugar, aids digestion, provides vitamins & minerals, fights parasites, cleanses the liver and colon, heals psoriasis, eczema, ulcers, lowers cholesterol and is an immune booster.
- Cayenne Pepper ~ Boosts metabolism, stimulates the lymphatic system, circulates blood, re-builds cell tissue, cleanses the body, speeds weight loss, clears stress, fights colds and flu and acts as an anti-inflammatory. Not too shabby for some pepper!
All of the above info is readily available on line if you look up any of these ingredients and I'm a big believer in the power of this healing combination. Also, it's easy to make, just boil the water and then let it cool, add all the ingredients, stir, fill the jars and pop them in the fridge.
1 3/4 cup filtered water
The juice of 4 lemons
1 big piece of ginger, peel and squeeze the juice out using a garlic press, or you can use ginger powder
3 pieces turmeric, also peel and squeeze in the garlic press, or you can use the powder too
(I use a ginger root but turmeric powder)
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon raw honey
Five or six 2oz. glass bottles ~ I recycle spice jars, just wash off the labels. Mostly I use my Trader Joe's Everything Bagel Spice jars because I go through it so fast, makes my 100 calorie gluten free O'doughs bagel almost taste like the real deal!
Use a funnel to pour the liquid into the jars. Refrigerate, makes about five or six shots that will last a week. Shake before drinking. Bottoms up!