So let's talk pudding, because who doesn't like pudding?!? I have great memories of my Mom stirring the pot of chocolate pudding and waiting with baited breath to lick the bowl. Of course these days I'd never buy a pre-package chocolate pudding from a box that has 50 ingredients that I can't pronounce, none of which even sound like food.
I'm always looking for healthy alternative treats and I found a great one, thanks to Kimberly Wilson. A few Saturdays ago I took a virtual retreat given by Kimberly of Tranquility du Jour. It was fabulous and I'd highly recommend it, so check out her web site for events. Kimberly gave out this recipe to make for the retreat which she got from Oh She Glows. I've tried making chia pudding before but it never worked well but this recipe was super easy and super delicious. It took me less than 5 minutes to put together.
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1-3 tablespoons of pure maple syrup to taste ( I used 1 tbs maple syrup and 1 tbs agave)
- Whisk the almond milk, chia seeds and sweetener together in a large bowl. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes and then whisk again. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours, overnight's even better.
- Mix once in a while and before serving. It will keep in the fridge in an air tight container for 3-5 days.
- I have it with nuts and berries and sometimes chocolate chunks on top.
So why chia seeds? Well, I'm glad you asked, I was floored when I read the below chart with the benefits of these tiny little miracale seeds.
Cheers to chia seeds and who ever decided they'd make good pudding!