So here are a few suggestions on taking the last days of summer from drab to fab. And a few intsta bits from our weekend road trip to the Las Vegas Film Festival where a film my daughter stars in made its US debut. (more on my instagram)
- Have an adventure! This can be a quick road trip, an over night, a hike in your local park or a new beach or lake you've never been to. If you live in a climate that will turn cold before you know it get outside and enjoy all that nature has to offer!
- Have a picnic, with a group, as a couple or alone, there is something about spreading a blanket on the ground and eating lunch Al Fresco. If you do this on your lunch hour at a near by park I guarantee you will go back to work feeling great!
- Be a tourist in your own city, go to the places you would recommend to a visitor and that you have never been to.
- Have an Al Fresco dinner party, decorate with flowers and hanging lights and have everyone bring their favorite summer dish.
- Take to the water! Where ever you find it, your favorite pool or beach. Floating is one of my favorite pass times :)
- Take a stroll through your local Farmers Market, even if you don't buy anything, there is something about it that just promotes good summer vibes.
- Ride a bike, eat an ice cream cone, feed the ducks and enjoy the last few lazy hazy days of summer!
I just love this picture. We ditched the after party and our heels, changed into jeans and went to have eggs at 1 AM. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!