Two Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies
You'll need two overly ripe bananas. You know, the ones you usually throw away when they start turning black. And 2 cups of oats. Raisins or currents optional. These taste like mini oat muffins.
- Peel the bananas and start mashing
- Add in the oatmeal (and currants) mash it up until smooth
- Pat into cookie shapes, should make about 11 cookies
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with a little coconut oil
- Pop into the oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes until the bottom looks brown
JUST A FEW OF THE MANY REASONS TO STOP EATING SUGAR!
- It's addicting - the more you eat the more you crave.
- It makes you fat - by putting your liver into over drive.
- It keeps you from making healthy food choices - linked to a decrease in the intake of micro nutrients.
- It's altering the future of our kids - causing childhood obesity and diabetes's.
- It's empty calories - making you more hungry.
- It's everywhere - a 6 ounce container of Yoplait Yogurt has 26 grams of sugar. That's 6.5 teaspoons of sugar. Now brace yourself, if you are a Soy Chai fan like me - one Starbucks Grande Soy Chai has 46 grams of sugar that's over 10 teaspoons full of sugar!
- It feeds Cancer - this should probably be number one, (and if nothing else persuades you), sugar aids in the growth of malignant cells!
- It accompanies other bad things you don't want in your body - like chemical colorings that have been banned in other countries.
- It's making us sick - by suppressing our immune system.
- It contains no nutritional value what so ever, none, zip!
- It effects your brain - linked to memory loss and cognitive decline.
- It acts as a fungus if you are prone to skin irritations and yeast infections - they feed on sugar and keep growing.
Satisfy your sweet tooth this summer with watermelon and cherries! If you need to add sweetener go natural, agave, stevia, maple syrup or honey. And also, you're sweet enough :)